Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am PoOr...

One day a few weeks ago when I was tending Ashley she asked me how to spell "I am poor". I wrote it on a piece of paper not really knowing what she was going to do. She then went down in the basement and found a piece of styrofoam and a marker and proceeded to write in her cute little handwriting "I am poor". Then she asked me for a cup and a chair, and told me she was going to go outside and sit on my sidewalk and collect money. When I asked her why, she said "My dad needs money". (Chris sold his jeep recently, and I guess she overheard him say that gas was too expensive-he now owns a Jetta which gets super good gas mileage). I agreed to let her sit outside (yes, in her pajamas with boots on, but no coat). She finally got cold and came in. I put a dollar in her cup and she was happy. I guess she has seen homeless people with their signs and their cups, and she decided to give it a try. She might be a little mischievous at times, but she really has a heart of gold!! Thanks for making my day Ashley, and teaching me a lesson about truly loving thy neighbor as thyself...

1 comment: