
CARROT CAKE:
1 1/2 cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. soda, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups shredded carrots
1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple (save juice)
1 cube butter
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix oil, sugar, and eggs. Add flour, spices, 2 tsp. vanilla, coconut, carrots and pineapple with juice (you can also add 1 cup of nuts if desired.)
Pour into a 9x13 greased pan and bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes until done. When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting: Mix butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 2 tsp. vanilla until smooth.
I got this recipe from a neighbor when we lived in Murray many years ago. I hadn't made it for along time, but we had it for dessert on Easter and it's yummy!















Oh carrot, carrot cake. Steve always made fun of carrot cake. He couldn't understand why anyone would actually put carrots in cake. I love carrot cake anyway, and will have to try this out.
ReplyDelete