For over 30 years now some of my best friends from high school and I have been getting together at Christmas Time. I LOVE this tradition. It's so fun to see them (although we all live in the Salt Lake Valley, this is usually the only time we see each other during the year). I'm so grateful our friendship has lasted "all these years". We take turns hosting the party (we used to have it at our homes, but now we go to a restaurant)...We usually go to breakfast and always draw names and exchange gifts. I cherish each one of these friends and treasure the bond that we have from good ol' Murray High! I even went to elementary school with a few of them...This year we went to Mimi's Cafe in Murray. Deb had the date wrong, so she wasn't there this year...we really missed her!
I love them for their unique qualities and hope we'll be friends forever!

Meet: Laureen (spunky!), Stefani (funny), me, Janet (crafty), Marti (stylish), Deb (kind)...

This is a quilt Janet made and donated to Festival of Trees-what talent!
That is so nice to have such great friends. Keep up the tradition! BTW, what is your nick name, I didn't see it on the blog.
ReplyDeleteCindy, this really is a fun tradition. Another neat thing is 3 of us all had our first babies (all boys) within 9 days of each other!
ReplyDeleteMy nickname would probably be "the gardener"...
That's a neat tradition that you still get together with your high school friends each Christmas, how fun!
ReplyDelete