One of my favorite childhood memories is making sugar cookies at Christmas time. December 23rd I got out the Cutler's sugar cookie dough that was in the fridge and let my grandkids cut and decorate dozens of cookies! Flour, frosting and sprinkles were everywhere, but we had a fun time! Thank you, Mom for taking the time to make sugar cookies with me when I was a little girl!

Beat shortening and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, milk, salt and baking powder. Add flour until dough isn't too sticky (add more if needed). Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.















Super, duper Grandma! How fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Grandma you are! Sounds like you guys have lots of fun Christmas traditions, looks like you guys kept busy during the Holidays!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post because 1- It is the cutest thing in the world...those tiny hands on the rolling pin. 2 - I think it reminded us all of good times we had as children. So fun. You are a wonderful "grandma". Even though you look way too young to be one!
ReplyDelete